Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hold on to Righteousness


Job 27:6
I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

(in the Amplified Bible) My uprightness and my right standing with God I hold fast and will not let them go; my heart does not reproach me for any of my days and it shall not reproach me as long as I live.

There are many times in Job that this thought is stated. Job held his righteousness and right standing with God as the most important thing he had. It meant more to him than any of his belongings, his family, his wealth. He clung to it as if it were all he lived for. It was the only thing the devil couldn’t pry away from him. Nothing can touch our relationship with God. He says we can never be separated from His love, and the Bible tells us that we have been made righteous through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice. Why then do we let the devil condemn us, judge us, point the finger at us, like Job’s friends did? We should be so adamant about our righteousness and we should allow Christ to fully cleanse us, including our conscience, so that when the devil does come to point at us and try to rip away our right-standing with Christ, we stand firm on the Promises of God.


There is no hope when we are cut-off from God. The devil knows this, and keeps so many people bound by their past and thinking they are so far from God. When in reality, all we have to do is repent, accept forgiveness and believe.

Once you have been saved, CLING to your RIGHTEOUSNESS as if it were your life. There you will find the confidence to come before the Holy God as you are: blameless by the blood of the Lamb. That is the one thing the devil never wants you to realize, that you can walk in boldness of righteousness. Its only when WE let sin separate us can there be a separation.

SO no more WOE IS ME! No more, “I am such a bad person”. No more allowing the devil's lies tell you that you are not good enough. You are qualified because you have been made righteous. Allow Him to guide you and to love on you….because He’s right there next to you. Just believe in the truth.

1 comment: